Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Morning Blues and Tie'd to death

Q:What happens when you get up late ?
A:You reach office early.


This is the 86th time it has happened to me. I get up all flustered thinking that I am very late and in the bout of urgency that follows, I end up reaching my destination well ahead of time and that is something I really like :0. It's like the anti-Murphy law-:

"When I am in a rush, the universe conspires to get me to my destination well before time to leave me fidgety and bored"

-X-X-X-X-X-

Yesterday because of the absence of qualified personnel, I had to accompany someone for a business presentation. I was quickly given a standby tie( very efficient people) and was off. So, sporting a tie, neatly creased trouser, ironed shirt and a semi tonsured head(which still feels like a Persian Rug) it felt like I was transported back to me school days. Apparently that also qualifies for a half decent business presentation look so no one was complaining.

It was around this time each year that the winter gear in school kicked in and out came that tie. Unfortunately I was so darned organised that I never undid the tie knot through the four years that I had to wear it. While it saves time, it also means that I would feel like a fish out of water when given a tie in hand. But again, the tie I was given yesterday had the knot in place, all I had to do was tighten the noose and the lamb was ready for slaughter.

-X-X-X-X-X-

For those who care and those who don't, click on the link to read my Indian Open story, published exclusively for all three of you who read my blog. Two of you might not want to do it because it is about Golf and the third one, if you are trying to be nice and reading it then let me warn ya, if you are one who frowns over the misuse of the English language, then you are advised to give it a pass.

-X-X-X-X-X-

Would you exchange a walk-on part in a war for a lead role in a cage ?

4 comments:

ArkAngel said...

who are the 3 ppl????

(blink blink)

rapidrewind said...

hehe..who's the third??

fungus said...

just the 3 of us?
man, u r so unpopular!

happy said...

dnt wry man..u just gt 5 ppl readin ur blog... cuz I am here.

PS- we dont need to read evry single one do we?