Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Wallet Unravelled

A wallet usually a tool for keeping money more often than not becomes a storage area of sorts for various kinds of documents. You never realise it but before you know, it becomes heavy and it's not because you have been blessed by the goddess of money. I thought I would just rummage through all that is there in my wallet and it was a nice trip down memory lane if you may!


First I thought I would empty all the money in my wallet. I was pleasantly surprised to find a One Yuan note that a shopkeeper in Beijing had returned as change. That along with the 500 Tanzanian Shillings and the good old Fifty Rupee note adds up to a nice princely amount of Rs 77. Thank God for the debit card.



--------X--------X--------X---------

Then came out all sorts of Identification material. A number of B&W photographs and colour photographs that I have religiously kept in my wallet.

There is of course the college I-D Card which was bruised and battered through the four years of college and despite the two pieces the Bar Code scanning worked just fine. As for the Driving License, well that is the most cherished possession of the lot.


This is a new form of identification which of course is a professional hazard. The title says "Corporate Manager". Sounded pretty fancy initially but now I just like to distance myself from it. It just has too much of a "corporate" feel about it and that is one thing that I would like to distance myself from in life!



--------X---------X--------X---------

I swear to god I have no clue how these things landed up here-:

->First Citizen Card from Shoppers Stop
-> ClubWest card for shopping in Westside

Hell, I am surprised how Kritika has not yet flicked it from me!!


--------X---------X--------X---------

The illustration says " It has been named after her recent world rankings"

The Slide is called the 'Sania Mirza Slide'

A piece of paper I never really loved but one that a good friend of mine Salil from Ahmedabad had given to me mocking my eternal support of the inconsistent tennis star. He specially got this cut out and handed it over to me calling it a "gift"


--------X---------X--------X---------

The Varuni Language

Wow! I can't believe that I found this. I still remember it was back in our first or second year during the middle of a terribly boring class(the usual) ,Varuni shared with me her 'secret' language. There was a different symbol for each alphabet.

I am not even sure if Varuni remembers this but it was definitely a pleasant surprise to find this in my wallet!

--------X---------X--------X---------



Last but not the least my Favourite item. The old grainy image was taken 8 years back. Anna on the left and Su on the right in that pic. Just look at them(!) Of course now they have grown up into gorgeous young women(images above the old pic) but boy they looked different back then. As for the image that has been lost to the past, that was Navtanay and apparently he looked adorable back then, that's what the girls say anyway!

Year 2008 -> Year 2000



*to take a closer look at each one of the 9 pics you can click on them to see the enlarged image*










1 comment:

kritika said...

actually even i'm surprised that you had shoppers stop and westside cards and that to in UR WALLET!!!!:)