Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day at Work

How was my first day at work?

Hmmm.. Green Grass, Blue Skies, Cool Breeze and my first ride on a golf cart. Let me see, Not such a bad day, I guess. :)

That is not even the point. I did my first interview today. This was just supposed to be a 'get used to your team' kinda day because I am officially starting on Monday. Little did I know that I would be asked to go interview a player. I don't even know what answers he gave as he stared into the camera waxing eloquent about his game, future and god knows what else coz I was nervously playing the next question in my head before blurting it out.

For the record, the gentleman, was Gagan Verma, ranked 1096 in the World Amateur Rankings, but if it is any consolation, leading the seedings this year in India due to some impressive performances in the last few tournaments on the Amateur Tour.

Fine fine, you will see a small mention of the tournament in tomorrow's paper and an even smaller mention of Gagan's name coz he finished runner up and it will not tell you that he is the same chap who got interviewed by Mr Natarajan, but one thing I can tell you is that 3 weeks down the line when you see him speaking fluently on Ten Sports, you must remember then that it was me who was goading him to give a few decent answers!

Whatever be the case, I am pretty chuffed about the fact that I registered my first interview today. Last I heard, Tiger Woods was wetting his pants at the thought of being interviewed by me in the near future. :p

Yeay Yeay Yeay


My Workplace

4 comments:

Rupali Tyagi said...

hey where are you working?

Anonymous said...

Me with Tiger Sports yaar.. It is a Sports Management Company dealing with golf and me is a golf journalist, kinda !

Rupali Tyagi said...

wow!!....sounds real good....and since you are doing it, it had to be good... :) all the best for everything you do... :)

Anonymous said...

nice read!! lovely experience!! And u hv an interesting job...Good Luck! tc