Friday, August 15, 2008

The Silent Stud and the Bimbettes

Dl 1 P B 5117

There is something about a bus ride that always leaves you with a smile when you reach your destination unless of course-:
  • The bus is over crowded
  • You are accused of eve teasing
  • An oversized lady decides your toes are just perfect to balance her 90 Kg frame
  • The driver decides to try and understand the effect of Newton's law of motion
  • You feel the sensation of flying while trying to disembark

So, like I said, if that is not the case, then you are doing just fine. So when I decided to take the bus from C.P. back to work I am glad I did not regret the decision. Why a bus ride always fascinates me is becuse you get to observe so much around you in the bus and there is a lot to amuse you.

Eavesdropping is something I can never resist and thankfully I cannot switch off from my immediate surroundings. So I was privy to this conversation that two young girls, Neha and Ritika from Amity(college) were having-:

Neha and Ritika are listening to the radio and one of the songs from the abnoxious music album of Singh is Kinng is playing

Neha: Kat luks nyc in a sari in this song

Ritika: She luks nyc in anything yaar

Neha: Yeah, I know, She is bomb

Neha: I imagine Akshay and Katrina wala song sequence in my head.

What, What the hell is wrong with you lady, why would you imagine Akshay and Katrina in your head. Surprisingly the conversation never veers towards Katrina's nose, which I must confess has got to be the sexiest nose in the industry. Conversation resumes two red lights down the line-:

Neha: What will we do in TGIP

Ritika: Foodcourt. baithenge wahan aur kya karenge.

Ha! Now seriously, who does that? Go to a mall just to sit in the foodcourt( no no guys, I am not pointing an accusing finger at anyone of you)

Ritika: Oh, did I tell you, I loovved Ugly and Pagli! Mallika acted so well, specially in the second half

Neha: Of course yaar, what else do you expect from Rahul Bose?

Neha: You know what, I almost ended up not going for the movie because no one was ready for a mass bunk. I mean, why would they want to sit in class and study? I just don't understand!!

Ritika completely ignores the above and picks up the thread of conversation from Rahul Bose-:

Ritika: I even loved Pyaar ke Side effects. If only Rahul was handsome he would have been a superstar.

Whoa! Ouch! In Rahul's defence, I think a lot of intelligent women are head over heels for him.

Neha: Hmm, I loved Ranvir in the movie

Ritika: Yeah, Ranvir and Vinay are just brilliant

Neha: Did yousee Mithya?

Ritika : Yeah, I did yaar.

Neha: I think it was ok. Although it was an intelligent movie I really did not like it.

Hmm... agree with Neha, Mithya was not a good movie. It was a crappy movie hiding behind the veil of new age cinema. Sue me, for I expect a little more colour and a lot more humour( dark or bright) in a movie which has such a brilliant cast.


Getting back to the bus, besides a couple of people engrossed in deep conversation, there is of course the silent stud wearing those tight body hugging flaming jeans, leching shamelessly at any woman who does not have a moustache.

The arguing conductors, the usual fight for change and the enterprising young men who think they are the Smartest Alecs in town letting out the usual excuse, "Staff". May I add, they were unceremoniously 'discarded' at the next stop.

I think I would love to study Behavioral Science
.

Alas, my destination came and my journey came to an end.

and as Amit says-:

Shabha Khair, Shubh ratri, Good Night..



No comments: