Thursday, October 16, 2008

Can music save your mortal soul?

Can it?

I cannot begin to describe the joy ride down to office today. Was feeling terribly tired and after the dinner celebration last night really did not feel like getting out of bed for office today. Somehow I convinced myself to get outta bed and got meself ready to park me lazy bum in office.

I started off with a frown but by the time I reached office and now that I am typing this, the look on my face has completely transformed and I am struggling to wipe the grin off me face. Ten minutes into the ride, this is the first song that plays on f.m.-:

"Where do you go to my lovely" -- Peter Sarstedt

I am not a sucker for lyrics, not one for remembering them anyway but this is one of the few songs that I can sing along( I know almost half of it and anyone who knows me would understand that is a big figure).

It did not end there. This is the list that followed-:

  • To Sir with Love
  • I'll Follow the sun (Beatles)
and then...
  • Bridge over troubled waters ( S n G)
I don't know what you call good music but this would be somewhere near the top of my list but wait, the story aint over. Just as I paid the 20 bucks and floored the accelerator they play-:
  • American Pie ( Don Mclean)
Now, that is what I call shout on top of your voice, 'bring on da headbanging' kinda music. Remember the rock concert in college last month and the statuesque pose I maintained thru the evening ? If you want to know what makes me act like you wild kids at a concert then play this kidna music :)

Add to that the snow in Kashmir and it was just the perfect weather to 'roll down the window and enjoy the drive' kind of day. Oh, before I forget the mystery girl.. There was this car tailing me ( well, it was behind me anyway) and as the wind lashed the toll bridge, her hair seemed to blow in the breeze in a very 'out of a film set' kind of way. Now the mystery girl is gone !

Wait, I am beginning to think all this is because of the Rum Chocolate my mum made in the morning!



-X-X-X-X-


Last evening, I had reached home a little before the usual time and just when I thought I would relax and unwind, I had to slip into more 'publicly wearable' clothes coz we had to go celebrate Nitin's Skoda. So we drove down the expressway for what I thought would be the usual, Dominos ( and I wasnt complaining) but we ended up going to this really nice place called Yu Turn. Exotic frontier and Pan-Asian food was the line that caught our attention and the food was really good.

You know I would be the last person to talk about food so trust me it is a 'nice evening' kinda dinner place. Not as expensive as we thought it would turn out to be, so definitely worth a visit

P.S. Notice my 'I think this is how I should describe it' writing style ? Yes, words fail me today( as on most days), so have to resort to this ' not very elegant but still make it understandable to the others' kinda writing style !!

6 comments:

Nandita Mathews said...

statuesque pose?:D,yeah sure!

Anonymous said...

smtyms one wonders wht d hell r ya tryin to say bt v shant bother...;P

Yashasvi Diptivilasa said...

statuetesque pose? yeah, rite :P

i will personally make sure american pie plays at the next concert then!!

Nandita Mathews said...

If you are a friend ,it don't matter that you belong to the opposite sex when you do the 'obvious',not taken into account I mean,but when st*****rs do it..:D!well done my boy!:P
ps:sorry,couldn't resist it :D

Anonymous said...

i confess ignorance or was tht jus random crap Mathews ?

and Yash..u betr stick to your word!

Nandita Mathews said...

random crap.
ps:lost your touch ..never mind, someday it'll hit you:P