Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thank You Mr Wilkins





Can you not see the grin on my face???? While all those 'loserish autograph hunters(*sheepish Grin*) went after Liang, I hung around long enough on the 18th green to wait for Allan to seperate himself from the crowd and had a small chat with him which largely involved me being tongue tied and not knowing what to say even though he pretended to be very human. Considering that the man covers so many sports I always wanted to know whose company he enjoyed the most- Vijay Amritraj, Dom Boulet or Geoff Boycott. I got the answer from the horse's mouth: Vijay Amritraj and Dom Boulet !



-X-X-X-X-

Another highlight of the week for me-:




Really enjoyed my first stint covering a big tournament. As it turns out Aabha Rathee( a very talented writer who works with Indian Express..If you don't trust me then go google her name) stumbled across me blog. She is one of the very few journalists who actually covers the game the way it ought to be covered. Follows the entire round with the main group and then files her story. The difference in her report and the report filed by other people is quite visible because you will always find something in her story that no one else could have possibly covered sitting in the media room ogling at the giant screen.

Aabha, if you read this...please keep the Wilko Autograph hunting bit to yourself.Pleeaaase :)

The tournament also gave me a chance to interact with some other golf journos including the two whose work I get to read regularly- Moushami Bora(T.O.I.) and Robin Bose(H.T.).

Of Course a longish interview with Daniel Chopra and a little interaction with Jeev Milkha Singh made this week special. All in all a really good few days. Period.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great!

Poor Geoff. Hope he doesn't stumble onto your blog like Brakha did.

Anonymous said...

Now if THAT happens then I will officially give up on my musings in the cyber world....

i am sure Boycs will not go around googlin' his name; so I shall fear not!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sri,
better give up your musings in the cyber world.
Boycs as you say does not 'google' himself but I, his missus, does!
However did not think this one was worth mentioning.
Rachael Boycott

sceptic said...

your blog is extremely well-read, i must say..hehe

Anonymous said...

ha! not bad... someone actually took the pains to figure out who Boycott is married to before putting up that stuff out here.. Well done !