Sunday, September 7, 2008

What happened to your beard, Sir ?

The last couple of days, I have had the kind of sleep, one can only dream of (no pun intended). Pleasant breeze blowing into the room, the right amount of exhaustion and that morning dream just before you wake up that lingers on.

Yesterday was an oddity. Never before in my life have I woken up at 11:30, a real shame but if it counts for anything, there was a brief period between seven to eight in the morning, when I woke up, read the newspaper, idled around and then went back to sleep again.

And what a fun 3 hours of sleep it was, the kind where you long to sleep just a little more to let the dream continue for a little while more. Finally I was woken up by an Earthquake which was blissfully missed by most people.

The sleep last night was another one of those days. I was exhausted just the appropriate amount both physically and mentally, hung around till Roger whooped the Djoker but could not hang on long enough to see Nadal being sent scurrying around the court by the talented Andy Murray. A lazy day had taken a toll on me and a mix of happy n irritating chats had come to an end and I had dozed off before I could say Jack Robinson.

Another new morning dream, one that is still clear in my head for me to discuss it. The setting was surprisingly a classroom in college. I was surrounded by friends, but not the usual lot. A lot of friends I have always been cordial to, but never close enough to expect to see them in my dreams. These people were a mix of people from college, school and a few were brothers and sisters of people I knew in school who did not have any siblings. Strange.

Yet in the midst of these people I hardly knew, or let us put it this way, people I might have wanted to know better, I was having the kind of fun that made me want to sit in class, something I never felt in the real world ! Even a couple of teachers, I never thought I would see in my dreams.

I was sitting with Surabhi in class ( I wonder what she is doing these days, have not seen her after college). Anika, Jasmin and Shikha were sitting somewhere in the front (school folks I haven't heard from in the last 4 and a half years). I was merrily flirting with Ankita Kochar's sister( who does not exist) and there was Dr Gill teaching in class but with a black beard. What happened to the colour of your beard, Sir ?

Meaningless dream, but one of those that makes you wake up with a spring in your step.

That was Fun !



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi...
nice post....read a few others too...i like ur style of writing.
and yes i love that Zyaada ka Iraada ad.