Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two Thoughts and a half

Why is it that we don't understand that each time we react with rage to cowardly acts we are in a way strengthening their will and doing exactly what the terrorists want us to do, feel enraged, worried and in a way deranged. We have got to stop reacting like this.

I heard someone dish out the choicest of words, while someone else encouraged us to go out with sledgehammers and hunt down the people responsible for the blasts. What you guys don't realise is that you are happily falling into the trap set down by those people whose single aim in life is to leave civil society feel disturbed. They succeed in breaking the very fabric that binds together people with a conscience.

Once we lose that, then there is nothing else that can hold us together.

Quite often we spend too much time expressing rage and anger without really bothering to figure out why we are caught in such a situation. As individuals we must make an effort to act responsibly and ensure that we thwart every attempt made to disturb society as we know it.

Don't mistake me. I am not saying there should be no grief. I cannot recall how many many times we have had golgappas next to the Prince Pan Corner in M-Block Market after school. How many many times we have used that spot as a meeting point before we went to eat some place inside the market. All that I am saying is that this grief should not give way to the kind of madness that fails to differentiate between human beings and those who don't know how it feels to be human.

"In all things it is better to hope than despair"

- Anonymous


-X-X-X-X-

I am off on my first real assignment and my test at work starts tomorrow onwards and I cannot muck up. Spent the better part of the morning explaining to my dad how the game of golf works. After nearly an hour of patient explanation all that I got in return was " Golf just feels like a terribly boring game"

I have to leave at five in the morning tomorrow to be at the course by seven. Now that I am going to set up my temporary base in Dwarka for a week, I am looking forward to catching up with a few good friends after quite some time.

The two other things on top of my mind this week are-:
  • My first few golf lessons
  • Some good photography
Let us see how it turns out.


No comments: