Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ba da Dum da da Dum

When you cross two successive traffic signals just before the the light turns red and it reads 105 and 92, there is nothing else that gives you more joy. It is just the kind of thing that makes a long, tiring ride a joy ride out of nowhere

Had a fun day today. Was at a press con where Riya Sen was the main celebrity and for some reason I was looking forward to it. THAT, I must confess is worse than some guy who would perhaps waste time worrying about who will get chucked out of BIG BOSS this week. Tsk Tsk Tsk


Let me set the record straight. I was under the impression that Riya Sen was Raima Sen, which obviously was not the case. The lady was nothing more than a 'pretend celebrity' who would probably be ignored even if she poses and pouts in the middle of Chandni Chowk. No wonder then, her only claim to fame is a silly mms clip with some other wannabe star.


What made the day for me was being able to interview Shiv Kapur, one of the biggest Indian golfers, plying his trade on the European Tour. He was practicing at the golf club and under the pretext of wanting to do a story on him, I had a 40-50 minute chat with him. Now that I have had my little '15 seconds with the star', I need to make a story based on that conversation :(

The twist in the tale- Even Shiv Kapur asked me why I was doing Journalism after Engineering. Have had to fend off that question from a million people but never thought I would hear that from someone like Shiv!


P.S. Were we not supposed to be swallowed by a black hole a while back? Or have they not yet collided the particles 'down' in zurich?

Update: Vikram Chandra tells me, the actual collision will take place only a few weeks later.

No comments: